Outcomes report for 2017 shows strong and successful results for The Council’s many programs and services:
- The Council on Recovery touched 60,241 lives last year.
- Among clients, 93% are more hopeful about their future after participating in a program or service offered by The Council on Recovery.
Children & Adolescents
- On average, 85% of children receiving Children’s Clinical Services improve individual well-being, and 67% of caregivers perceive improvement in their child’s overall well-being.
- 89% of children participating in Kids Camp at The Council increase their ability to communicate with their families.
- 72% of elementary students participating in The Council’s school-based prevention programs increase their knowledge of life skills.
- 97% of middle school students participating in school-based prevention programs decrease or maintain no use of alcohol, and 72% increase bonding to positive friendship and groups.
- 88% of high school students participating in the school based prevention programs decrease substance use.
- Heavy Drug Use (i.e. cocaine, prescription drugs, etc.) among high school students participating in the Choices program is lower than the national and Houston average.
- 80% of adolescents participating in the Adolescent Services programs improve their emotional and behavioral well-being.
- 92% of juvenile probationers participating in the Drug Free Youth program increase their knowledge about the harms of substance abuse, and 92% decrease or maintain no use of alcohol.
Adults & Families
- 73% of caregivers participating in the Cradles Project improve attitude toward parent-child family roles. 100% of pregnant caregivers report abstinence from alcohol and drugs at delivery.
- 83% of clients using alcohol that complete a screening session through Outreach, Screening and Referral (OSAR) report an increase or maintain their readiness to change their use behavior.
- 80% of peers involved with Recovery Support Services report an increase in total recovery capital (strengths) from enrollment to 12-month follow up.
- 81% of clients completing the Healing Choices Intensive Outpatient treatment (IOP) and Aftercare programs report a decrease in substance abuse symptoms from admission to completion.
- 100% of service providers would take action to help an older adult with alcohol or drug problem after attending an evidence-based workshop.
- 98% of older adults and their family members know of at least one place to call if they need help with an alcohol or other drug problem after attending a Wellderly Program presentation.
- 96% of service providers for older adults indicate that some or all of the information from the Wellderly presentation was new to them.
Also published on Medium.