Volunteer at The Council
The Council on Recovery offers a variety of volunteer opportunities available in many areas with flexible schedules and assignments that fit your skill set and interests. You don’t have to be in recovery to volunteer with us. We welcome anyone who wants to make a difference in the lives of those affected by addiction. We currently need volunteers with skills in several different areas, including:
- 12 Step Opportunities (including chairing or supporting AA/NA/CA/Al-Anon groups, speakers, etc.)
- Sports/recreation (art, yoga, aerobics, weight training, etc.)
- Event planning and preparation (for our Spring and Fall Luncheons in particular)
- Community outreach
- Life/career planning (financial planning, legal consulting, interview/résumé consulting, etc.)
- Wrap gifts for our annual holiday parties
- Help us keep our facilities beautiful
- And more!
To work with us, you need to be genuine and support our treatment philosophy. And, of course, we expect you to possess skills relevant to the position you’re applying for (including certification, when needed). Finally, because of the nature of the services we provide, we might ask you to submit to a background check and/or drug screening and sign a statement of confidentiality.
Want to apply? Great!
In order to apply to be a volunteer at The Council on Recovery, you need to fill out this form and return it to email@example.com. If we like what we see, we will get in touch with you, and later invite you to visit our headquarters. Here, you will attend Volunteer Orientation and Training, where you will learn more about how we do our work. Finally, we will set up specific times and responsibilities for each volunteer's job assignment(s).