Recovery Support Services
Providing one-on-one help to those on the road to recovery.
At The Council on Recovery, we believe recovery is a process of change through which individuals improve their health and wellness, live self-directed lives, and strive to reach their full potential. Our Recovery Support Services help guide and support that process.
Recovery Support Services are provided by specially-trained Recovery Coaches who are passionate about helping each individual client reach their full potential. Every Recovery Coach has their own personal experience with addiction. Each one has gotten sober, overcome barriers, and worked hard to sustain their own recovery.
Utilizing the knowledge, strength, and commitment gained from their own experience, our Recovery Coaches work one-on-one with each client. Together, they set meaningful and attainable goals for recovery. These include emotional, intellectual, occupational, physical, social and spiritual goals.
To help each person reach their goals on the road to lasting recovery, our Recovery Coaches provide an active connection to Houston's recovery community. They offer encouragement, hope, motivation, resources, respect, and support for each individual's journey. Most importantly, they treat their clients as partners.
Support • Help • Guidance
- Face-to-face and telephone coaching
- Education and recovery support groups
- Exposure to a recovery lifestyle
- Accompany participants to 12-Step and other recovery conducive activities
- Assistance with accessing treatment
- Support before, during and after treatment
- Referrals to community resources to help support recovery with basic needs such as housing, healthcare, education, and vocational pursuits
- Support as-needed based on individual goals