Recovery Coach Training
Help guide, mentor, and support people in recovery
The Council on Recovery is Houston's leading source of Recovery Coach training. The 46-hour training course over five days gives participants the tools and resources to help others on their chosen path to recovery.
About Recovery Coaches
Recovery Coaches are not therapists nor do they provide clinical services. Instead, they help guide people on the road to recovery with the skills and support necessary for lasting recovery. Recovery Coaches focus on non-clinical issues such as housing, employment, dealing with drug court and probation officers, and locating treatment resources. Through a one-on-one relationship, they also help engage people with the recovery community, including Twelve Step meetings and other support groups.
The next Recovery Coach Training at The Council is scheduled for March 27, 28, & 29 and April 1 & 2, 9:00 AM - 6 PM. The training course is limited to 20 participants and fills quickly, so early registration is recommended.
To be eligible for the Recovery Coach Training, you must meet the following basic requirements:
- Must have at least two years recovery from substance use disorder.
- Must be working or volunteering at a Recovery Organization - A letter verifying this must be submitted on letterhead and emailed to the training director as part of the approval process.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- Fill out the pre-enrollment application form below.
- Once your application has been approved, you will be notified to proceed with payment.
- Submit payment for $195 to The Council on Recovery (instructions will be provided).
- You must attend all days of training to receive your Recovery Coach Certificate.
- The Texas requirement for the training includes 40 hours in-classroom and 6 hours of self-study articles. These articles are provided to trainees to read and then submit a two paragraph summary on each article prior to the first day of class. Upon approval and receipt of payment, links to these articles shall be provided.
Pre-enrollment application form
Fill out entirely and press "Submit" button below.