The Council on Recovery is sponsoring its 6th annual Back to School CEU Workshop on Friday, August 11, 2017, 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. in the Hamill Foundation Conference Center, 303 Jackson Hill Street, on The Council’s main campus. The yearly workshop brings together experts in adolescent high-risk behavior, substance abuse, addiction, and co-occurring mental health disorders to teach counselors, teachers, and parents how to help teenagers deal with these problems.
The always well-attended Back to School Workshop will cover a full spectrum of the most prevalent and serious issues facing adolescents today. Topics to be explored in-depth include:
- Pornography: Arousal Addiction & Dangers of Excessive Use
- Tech Use/Abuse: How Much Is Dangerous & the Impact on the Teenage Brain
- Recognizing & Treating Adolescent Substance Use Disorders
- Current Drug Trends: Marijuana Concentrates & EDM Culture
- Adolescent Relational Aggression
- Adolescent Trauma Treatment
- E-Cigarettes & Vaporizer: New Health & Addiction Risks
The Back to School Workshop is presented by The Council on Recovery as a vital community service, open to all, and will offer 6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for CPS-Prevention professionals, LCDCs, LMFTs, LPCs & Licensed Social Workers. Check-in begins at 8:00 A.M. and the $45 registration fee includes continental breakfast and lunch. To register for the Back to School Workshop, visit The Council’s website at www.councilonrecovery.org. For additional information or questions about the event, call 281-200-9336 or email email@example.com.