2018 Back to School Workshop
The Council on Recovery is sponsoring its 7th annual Back to School CEU Workshop on Friday, August 03, 2018, 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. in the Hamill Foundation Conference Center, 303 Jackson Hill Street. The yearly workshop brings together experts in adolescent high-risk behavior, substance abuse, addiction, and co-occurring mental health disorders to teach counselors, teachers, and parents how to help teenagers deal with these problems.
The always well-attended Back to School Workshop will cover a full spectrum of the most prevalent and serious issues facing adolescents today. Topics to be explored in-depth include:
- Keynote with Dr. Melissa Peskin – Keeping Young People Safe and Healthy: What Schools Can Do
- How to Identify Anxiety vs. Nervousness and What to Do About it
- Biological Basis for Addiction
- E-Cigarettes, Vaporizer, and Marijuana Trends: Research Findings
- The State of High-risk Sex Behaviors and Teen Pregnancy
- Technology Addiction: Warning Signs and Impact on Adolescent Brains
- Self Care & Meditative Yoga and more!
The Back to School Workshop is presented by The Council on Recovery as a vital community service, open to all, and will offer 6 CEUs. Check-in begins at 8:00 A.M. and the $45 registration fee includes continental breakfast and lunch.