Prevention Specialist YPU
Serves as youth prevention education facilitator, responsible for providing curriculum-based prevention education services to elementary school students and parents or adult caregivers of the designated community. Reports to Manager, Prevention Resources and Services and interacts closely with other staff and community members in matters relating to daily operations.
- Provide alcohol and other drug prevention services to youth and their family members, including community drug education and information presentations as needed.
- Documents all program activities, administer survey questionnaires to program participants, and compiles monthly statistical reports on services provided.
- Respond to requests for ATOD information and makes appropriate referrals to school and community resources.
- Is available to provide prevention services 37.5 hours per week as assigned, adjusting schedule as needed to accommodate needs of community partners and participants.
- Inventories and maintains program supplies.
- Respond to all emails, texts in a timely manner.
Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field preferred or
- 10 years’ experience in providing direct ATOD prevention services
- Culturally sensitive to the needs of the community
- Ability to teach an evidenced based curriculum with elementary school students
- Some knowledge of chemical dependency process and substance abuse issues
- Good decision making skills
- Ability to work independently
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to conduct himself/herself in a professional manner
- Punctual and accurate in submitting monthly statistical reports on services provided
- Ability to work as a team member supporting team concepts in the workplace
Email resume to email@example.com or fax to 281-200-9341
Valid and Current Automobile insurance required for all vehicles driven for work purposes