Behavioral Health Clinician
Clinician is primarily responsible for providing assessments, individual counseling, psycho-educational and process groups. This position will work closely with the MHMRA team to provide input to the development of client service plans and team decisions. Target population to include individuals presenting with co-occurring behavioral health disorders.
- Conduct screenings, assessments, individual counseling, psycho-educational and process groups with referred clients.
- Provide thorough documentation of all services delivered.
- Enter client data into EHR system according to procedure.
- Meet as scheduled with other members of MHMRA team to coordinate client services.
- Comply with all admissions, programming, curriculum, and scheduling guidelines and procedures as instructed.
- Comply with all crisis intervention and safety protocols of the program.
- Submit all required information to data coordinator as instructed.
- LCDC with minimum 1 year post-licensure experience
- Completion of 45 hours of documented continuing education in the treatment of clients with psychiatric disorders strongly preferred
- Will consider LPC, LMSW, or LMFT with documented experience in substance use disorders.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred
- Experience with substance abuse evaluation, counseling, and group facilitation.
- Experience with clients having co-occurring disorders.
- Clear understanding of DSM diagnostic criteria for substance use disorders.
- Ability to work within a team to develop service plans, coordinate service delivery and monitor client progress.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Good organizational skills.
- Highly flexible and able to adapt to changing job requirements.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in working independently.
- Personal/reliable transportation.
- Valid Texas driver’s license, proof of insurance and a safe driving record.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 281-200-9341