Welcome to The Council on Recovery’s Volunteer Program. We have a variety of volunteer opportunities available in many areas, and offer flexible schedules and assignments that fit your skill set and interests. You do not have to be in recovery to volunteer with us, and we welcome all those who want to make a difference in the lives of those affected by addiction.
Depending on your location, The Council on Recovery has a need for volunteers with a variety of skills in several different areas, including:
- 12 Step Opportunities (including chairing or supporting AA/NA/CA/Al-Anon groups, speakers, etc.)
- Sports/recreation (art, yoga, aerobics, weight training, etc.)
- Event planning and preparation (for our Spring and Fall Luncheons in particular)
- Community outreach
- Life/career planning (financial planning, legal consulting, interview/résumé consulting, etc.)
- Wrap gifts for our annual holiday parties
- Help us keep our facilities beautiful
- And more!
Qualifications for Volunteer Work:
- Skills appropriate to the volunteer position (including certification when applicable for the position)
- Ability to be genuine and support The Council on Recovery’s treatment philosophy
- All volunteers are asked to submit to a background check and/or drug screening and sign a statement of confidentiality, due to the nature of the services we provide.
How to Apply:
- To volunteer in Austin, complete our online Volunteer Application
- To volunteer in Houston, fill out this form and return it to email@example.com
- Attend Volunteer Orientation and Training
- Set up specific times and responsibilities for volunteer job assignment(s)
For more information about volunteering at The Council on Recovery, please contact:
Erika Hagler, Director of Outreach and Volunteerism
Brittany Horine, Special Events Manager